At Closets.com product quality is one of our highest priorities. This extends through our entire business from customer service through manufacturing and product design. We take pride in knowing that our professionally designed and manufactured storage systems are produced with the highest quality materials and precision manufacturing.
You can count on our products being accurately manufactured and built from quality materials. For over 25 years, we have been perfecting the selection of hardware and other materials that go into the assembly and construction of our products.
Some additional key product qualities include:
1. Closets.com uses a robust adjustable hanger bracket suspension system to hang panels and allow for adjustment in up/down directions and forward/backward directions.
Our competitors don’t use suspension brackets. Panels are hung directly on the rail which then takes the weight of the system. This is often a point of system failure.
In addition, the suspension brackets come with plastic covers to hide them after installation is complete.
2. Closets.com uses commercial grade 3/4” thick thermally-fused laminate (Melamine) material.
Our competitors use 5/8” melamine.
Over time, the thinner materials are more likely to bend, sag and distort their shape.
3. For fixed shelves, Closets.com uses quick-fit through-anchor construction that allows for continuous shelving at the same height. We use locking cams that are preinstalled for you and secured to the shelf in two locations with a outrigger arm with a simple twist of the anchor screw.
Competitors use screws to hold shelves together and the shelves must be staggered to access the screws.
4. Closets.com provides a heavy gauge suspension rail that comes with a plastic cover that conceals any hardware used to secure the rail to the wall providing a clean finish to the system.
Competitors use a steel rail that has no cover included and won’t offer the same kind of clean finish to your system.
5. Unlike competitors, Closets.com edge bands all exposed edges of the system for a clean and finished look.
Most competitors do not provide edge banding to the bottom of vertical panels.
According to the manufacturer of our particle board laminate material it offers superior qualities to include:
“Manufactured using an ultra low emitting formaldehyde resin system. This makes it the optimal choice for additional LEED points, and other ULEF specified projects. Source: Flakeboard
“Panel products are made with 100% recycled and/or recovered wood fiber, and is an ECC™ (Eco-Certified Composite) sustainably certified product.” Source: Flakeboard
“Contains 100% recycled/recovered wood content” Source: Flakeboard
“The North American composite panel industry is predicated on the optimal use of forestry byproducts and residuals — turning this recycled and reclaimed material into higher value products so it’s not wasted. By their very nature, composite wood panels—along with agrifiber-based panels—are among the greenest products available for architectural, construction and consumer products. “ Source: Composite Panel Association